Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Training run & best photos of 2013

Last night I went on a run with one of my friends - it was nice to have someone to run with for a change. The miles go by a lot faster when you've got someone to talk to. She brought her dog with her and boy can that dog run! I've taken my dogs on some runs before, but I definitely need to start doing it again. It takes awhile to be able to contain their excitement with the run and to get into a groove, but it definitely helps to focus me on something other than the run. We kept up a really good pace throughout the run, and only had one little hiccup where we ran into two people who had 4 dogs that weren't 100% under control. 
Mile 1 - 10:25
Mile 2 - 11:03 <-- where we ran into the other dogs
Mile 3 - 10:48
Last .72 - 10:05

Lesson learned: I need to take the dogs (or at least one of them) out on my shorter runs. They need the exercise and the company would do me some good. 

On a completely different note, Brian @ PavementRunner requested his readers to submit their favorite pictures from 2013 and today he posted all of the submissions he received. There are some great pictures - of races, first finishes, scenery and bling! The picture I submitted is from my trip to the Grand Canyon in January and is near the bottom.

Do you prefer to run alone, with friends or dogs? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment